Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Holiday.. the first few days

So I'm here in Wellington for the third night of my holiday so thought I should update while I still have access to the internet (Jay's flat has wireless yay)

Saturday started about 5:30am when me and Erik got ready and had last minute packing. We were out of milk and not wanting to make any dishes before heading off we dropped in to McDonalds on the way to catch the bus.
Caught the bus without any trouble and it was fairly comfortable. There was toilet stops at Hamilton and another town (Taihape maybe?) that I can't remember the name of, and meal breaks in Rotorua (we had a kebab) and Palmerston North (Chinese) and we rolled into Wellington about 8pm where Jay met us at the railway station not long after.

Back at Jay's we had more food (homemade tomato soup and cheese scones) and sat around chatting until we went to bed a little before midnight.

Sunday we got up around 8:30am so we could head into town to catch the service at 10:30am at Wellington City Corps. Having never been to the church in Wellington I found it quite impressive and enjoyed the speakers and the music was nice too. After the service we chatted to some people, telling the corps officer about BookCrossing (he seemed really interested in it) and we got an easter egg for morning tea.
Headed to a fruit and vege market after the service where we got lunch and some snacks before wandering around the city for a bit. Went to a pet store and went ga-ga over puppies and kittens.

After 2pm we caught the Flyer bus service to the airport to collect skyring and [Bad username: kayjay_haitch"], there was hugs all round when we saw them and then back to Jay's place where we sat in the lounge, talked and swapped books. Had very yummy homemade pizza with lots of toppings for dinner... I am drooling remembering it.

Today we went for a visit to Te Papa (Jay gave us the guided tour) then had rolls with a range of fillings for lunch in a nice spot out of the wind. Then some more of a tour of Te Papa after lunch.

Pete, Kevin and Jay headed off to pick up MissMarkey from the airport after Te Papa so Erik and I visited Pulsar Max where we both spent more than we expected to (I bought a couple of mangas and Kingdom Hearts cards) then we raced off to meet the others along with a couple of Wellington members for dinner, was going to have dinner at Mac's but as they were closing the bar we ended up going to One Red Dog which was a good choice.. I had a yummy spicy cajun soup for dinner.

After dinner we headed back by bus to Jay's where we have just been packing and catching up with internet things.


( 1 comment — Leave a comment )
Apr. 13th, 2009 11:15 pm (UTC)
can't wait to catch up with everyone
( 1 comment — Leave a comment )